background


About Me

My photo
I have always been a scrapbooker but once someone asked me to do some invitations for them...it just boomed from there! I'm enjoying doing what I love while working and being a mommy to 3 little boys :) My cards run from $1.00-$3.00 per card depending on the style and difficulty. This includes the envelopes as well. If you are interested in my invitations and would like me to customize something for your special event please click on the link "I am interested in your cards" or call/email me. ***CURRENTLY I AM NOT TAKING ORDERS DUE TO MY WORK SCHEDULE***

Monday, September 6, 2010

New baby and organizing??? Is that really possible?? YES it is!!

I was so tired of looking at my drawers and constantly putting my hand in it like Mary Poppin's magical bag...and pulling out everything BUT what I wanted.  I decided to do the kitchen drawers, the bathroom drawers and cabinets.  I am making my way around the house to everywhere that seems cluttered.  I am planning on doing the closets next :)  I found some blogs that helped me organize and here are the finished products!  Thanks to this awesome blog www.creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com I had some inspiration of where to begin.  This woman truly is a wondermom and has such a beautiful home!


I did the kitchen first by organizing my junk drawers, if that isn't an oxymoron in itself :)  I just put bins in the drawer and placed the main items we use everyday in them, such as: pens, pencils, box tops (we collect them for my 1st grade son), sunglasses, mail, etc.  It makes it so much easier to see everything!




The one problem I had was finding my ziplock bags and plastic wrap...now all neatly put into one drawer.




Then while I was organizing the bathroom I found all these empty ziplocks to add to my collection! 




So off to the bathroom I purchased a snapware bin to put all my makeup in, this way I could separate them by categories.  Face (foundation and concealers), Brushes and Blushes/Bronzers, and Eyes.  These all snap together or can be used separately.  













Lipsticks and Lip liners were put into a small basket.  I also have two palettes for my eyeshadows, Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadows and Mac Eyeshadow palette.










I separated the lip gloss and chapstick and placed it with the miscellaneous items such as false eyelashes, facial tools, extra powder and eyelash curlers.




Here is all of the makeup together, I placed it under my sink in the bathroom allowing the other sink for my husband.




Drawers in the bathroom are separated for me and my husband, Josh.  The first drawer is mine filled with my toothbrush and toothpaste, contact lenses, glasses, facial lotion, age defying serum, bronzer, hand sanitizer, body powder, mouthwash, eyemakeup remover, etc.




The next one is my husbands...guy stuff need I say anymore? :)




The bottom drawer is for all hair products, my straightener, blowdryer, curling iron (which all my friends love by the way).  All my hair rubber bands and bobby pins are in the same bin as the hair products: hairspray, leave in conditioner and styling creme.  I placed the mouthwash bottle and the refill for our foaming hand soap in there as well.  The red square thing is our new hair clipper set which we are now using to cut the boys hair with, saves us $13 a haircut and only cost us $25.  




The bins that were left for my stuff was the foot care bin and the hand and body lotion bin.  I could not believe that after going through all my stuff I found around 10 bottles of full lotion!  I am still in shock! 




On my husband's side of the counter I placed all the reminder items in 4 categories in a drawer bin.  Soaps/Bodywash, Deodorant, Ointments, and Medicine.  So much easier to find and glad we got rid of so much medicine that was expired...




I want to say thank you to my trusty label maker...who would have thought that 2 years later it would have been put to such good use!




5 comments:

  1. You did a great job!!!! Having three kids and getting organized is a BIG deal! You did a great job!!! I love the labeled bins!!!! You are also making me want to try false lashes. I have wanted to for a while now, just for fun. Keep you the great work! Thank you so much for your super kind words!!! They mean a lot to me. Have a great day.
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do ya'll have so many deodorants? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to borrow that handy dandy little device :)

    ReplyDelete